POSITION: Loan Processor
SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer
STATUS : Full Time w/excellent benefits
SALARY: $32k-$35k; Non-Exempt
This position for the Nixyáawii Community Financial Services (NCFS) will be responsible to provide clerical support for the Lending Department by assisting potential borrowers with completing the loan application process, generating loan documents, coordinating disbursements, and ensuring software accuracy, as well as other administrative duties as may be assigned. Excellent customer service experience is desired.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Screen and distribute loan client incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
2. Provide excellent customer service by responding, or coordinating responses, to inquiries on loan accounts.
3. Meet with loan applicants, assist with application, and provide or facilitate credit coaching.
4. Maintain application log both accurately and timely.
5. Assist in communications regarding any delinquent balances and other loan eligibility verifications.
6. Process loan documents in coordination with the appointment schedule and coordinate loan proceed disbursements.
7. Process approved loans via mailing documents and transfer all signed loan data into loan software.
8. Recommend, design, and seek authorization to implement any necessary department controls or procedure changes to improve current systems.
9. Other duties as assigned that relate to providing support for NCFS.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS:
1. Will have access to all sensitive areas of the department and program containing sensitive documentation and material such as Loan support, Payroll, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
1. Preference will be given to applicants possessing an Associate’s Degree, or higher, in Accounting, Finance, or related field and one (1) year experience in general lending or accounting as a primary responsibility; OR High school diploma AND two (2) years’ work experience in lending, financial transactions, office administration or similar primary responsibilities.
2. Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
3. Experience with essential math skills to perform detailed and accurate calculations.
4. Experience using standard computer programming such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
5. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks with a significant degree of accuracy, and in an efficient and timely manner.
6. Must be able to interpret and explain detailed and complex financial data.
7. Must be able to work and communicate with a diverse group of people.
8. Must be able to maintain and practice a strict confidentiality of financial information/records at all times.
9. Must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
10. Requires a criminal history background clearance check.
TO APPLY: Submit Cover letter and resume to email@example.com.